- Demo paper submission deadline:
March 20, 2022 April 15, 2022
- Demo acceptance notification:
April 4, 2022 April 26, 2022May, 3 2022
- Camera-ready demo papers:
April 18, 2022May 9, 2022
The 8th International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 2022) calls for demonstration proposals on research prototypes on softwarized networks. As a leading-edge forum for researchers and engineers in the field of networking software, Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and 5G, NetSoft 2022 offers a unique opportunity to demonstrate innovative and leading-edge networking software prototypes, engage with highly-skilled technical audience, and discuss emerging technologies with key thought leaders. Demonstrations showcasing working systems, innovative applications, ground breaking ideas, and novel concepts related to networking software are welcome.
Topics of Interest
We are seeking the following types of contributions without implying any order of preference:
- Demonstrations on topics related to NetSoft 2022.
- Demonstrations from industrial and academia researchers.
- Demonstrations from open source communities.
- Demonstrations from 5G/NFV/SDN testbeds and prototypes.
- Demonstrations from authors whose contributions have been accepted in the main conference and workshops.
Prospective contributors are expected to submit a demo proposal in the form of a 3-page paper, including a demo system illustration. All submissions must be written in English and use the standard IEEE two-column conference template that can be downloaded from https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted demo papers will be included in the electronic NetSoft 2022 Proceedings. The paper should incorporate the following information:
- Author’s names and affiliation
- Key networking concepts involved, what will be demonstrated, and distinguishing aspects with respect to previous related work
- Prototype illustrations
- Highlights of the innovation, with a clear description of novel ideas in Networking Software
- A crisp list of individual items that will be demonstrated
- Relevant references, in particular if the demo is related to a paper being submitted in the main conference or a workshop
Demonstration proposal papers must be electronically submitted through the EDAS entry of NetSoft 2022 https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=28960 selecting Demo Paper Track. Only PDF files will be accepted.
The demo proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee and will be approved based on availability of demo space as well as on the following criteria:
- Adherence to NetSoft scope
- Significance of the research contribution
- Potential impact on the area
- Quality of the proposed implementation
- Presentation quality
The best demo will be selected based on the above criteria and awarded at the end of the conference with the NetSoft 2022 Best Demo Award.
The proposal may be complemented with additional documents like PowerPoint slides that clarify the demonstration, as well as the list of technical requirements for the demonstration (power outlet, space, etc.). These additional documents should be sent directly to the Demo Co-Chairs via e-mail (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to register for the NetSoft 2022 main conference and present the demo at the scheduled demo session(s).
- Carla Raffaelli, DEI, University of Bologna, Italy
- Rafael Pasquini, Universidade Federal de Uberlândia, Brazil